Our All Natural Bison is produced with the highest quality standards available.
Platte Valley Bison is composed of some of the best industry veterans in the bison business. From an early start in 1975 dealing with Commodity markets to eventually transitioning into Natural Markets in 1993, our process has taken a solid and specific direction: producing and delivering high quality meats for our customers.
We promise that all of our natural meat products are only the best choice and that ALL livestock are Vegetarian Fed with NO Growth Hormones or Stimulants administered that meet EU requirements.
Our livestock live healthy lifestyles and eat only natural grains and nutrients. It is because of this and all of our standards that you can rest assured you are purchasing truly pure Natural Meats.
By nature, Bison live a healthy lifestyle and eat grass at first then a diet of natural grains and nutrients. Bison meat is one of the healthiest products available and has a flavorful taste. Bison has less fat and calories with more protein and iron than beef or chicken. Our Natural Bison are vegetarian fed and all our practice are certified humane, rest assured you are purchasing natural meat. Bison is America's original red meat.
PV Bison PDF
Bison Cuts Chart
- Following all The EU protocol Bison are finished on grain for 100 days for the ultimate taste and finish flavor.
- Leaner by nature than Beef, Bison tastes slightly sweeter and is richer in flavor.
- All Bison are registered under the USDA, NHTC/EU Program.
- Bison are stronger animals and can withstand all the weather conditions; being the largest animal still roaming in North America.
- The National Bison Association encourages the name bison to differentiate the American buffalo from the Asian Water buffalo and African Cape buffalo. The American buffalo is not a true buffalo. Its scientific name is bison and it belongs to the bovine family along with domestic cattle.
- The bison bull is the largest animal indigenous to North America. A bull can stand taller than 6 feet at the hump and weigh more than a ton. They are strong and aggressive, and can jump as well as deer, outmaneuver horses, and break through fences that would imprison other livestock.
How Bison Is Different From Beef
- Bison is a deeper red color before cooking because there is light marbling (white flakes of fat within the meat muscle).
- Bison is said to have a sweeter, richer flavor than beef and has less fat and fewer calories than beef.
- According to USDA's Agricultural Research Service (ARS),100 grams of raw bison (separable lean only) contains 109 calories and 1.8 grams fat. The same amount of raw beef (separable lean only, Choice grade) contains 291 calories, and 24 grams fat.
- Bison is not graded for marbling like Beef.